We believe in continuous improvement and we are determined to be competitive by applying controlling and quality systems. For this reason, Gelal is participating in a number of Compliance Platforms to keep up and improve our sustainability and our principles.
All the effort and persistence for continuous improvement has been rewarded with a number of certifications, among them the most important are the following:
- ISO Certifications
- ORGANIC COTTON CERTIFICATES
- Oeko – Tex Standard 100
- Workplace Standards
Gelal participates in the following Compliance Platforms
B.E.P.I. (Business Environmental Performance Initiative)
B.S.C.I. (Business Social Compliance Initiative)
S.E.D.E.X. (Supplier Ethical Data Exchange)
Better Cotton Initiative
Gelal possesses the following Certifications
- ISO 9001 Quality Management System
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (emissions, waste-handling,utilizing the natural resources, energy-efficiency etc.
- ISO 27001 Controls the Confidentiality, Integrity & Availability of Company and Clients’ data holistically, across the various infrastructure and platform technologies supporting solutions, plus network and service management systems.
- OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System
ORGANIC COTTON CERTIFICATES (the E.T.K.O. Organization)
- Organic Exchange 100 Standard
- Global Organic Textile Standard (G.O.T.S.) and
- Organic Exchange Blended Standard
Oeko – Tex Standard 100
Certification for no detection of harmful substances including:
- illegal substances;
- legally regulated substances;
- known harmful (but not legally regulated) chemicals;
- as well as parameters for health care.
The Cankiri (Ankara) Factory is Gold level Certified, according to the L.E.E.D. Green Standard:
The Certification for designing and building has been executed by the U.S. Green Building Council (U.S.G.B.C.), according to The LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design), Green Building Rating System™, following a site audit.
Gelal proudly demonstrates among the highest Workplace Standards in the Sector globally, according to the ratings achieved following audits and assessments performed by its Clients. In-house dedicated teams of experts work consistently in continuously evaluating and improving all the different workplace-related parameters
The following key areas are consistently under scrutiny:
- Human Rights
- Employment Standards
- Forced Labour
- Child Labour
- Wages, Benefits & Compensation
- Working Hours
- Freedom of Association & Collective Bargaining
- Disciplinary Practices
- Health & Safety
- Environmental Requirements
- Buildings & facilities
- Benefits rendered to employees
- Social compliance issues
The Quality Policy of Gelal Socks Industry is set on the axis of the following essential principles:
- Commitment of Top Management to the development and implementation of Quality Management System and continuously improve its effectiveness.
- Leading and promoting Gelal Socks personnel for commitment to quality, for establishing cooperation and team spirit in order to achieve total improvement of the company together with its Quality Management System effectiveness. Ensuring the most competitive product and service quality and maintainig its continuity,
- Ensuring the most competitive and sustainable product and service quality for establishing and keeping customer satisfaction as high as possible,
- Establishing, regularly reviewing quality objectives and ensuring the availability of resources for continuous improvement.
You can read the whole Quality Policy by clicking here.